Monday, July 2, 2012

38 Weeks - Canada Day Weekend

This week I am 38 weeks. I have my midwifery appointment tomorrow, so I dont really have too much to tell at this point. This weekend was Canada Day, and a long weekend for Andy. Both Eli & I love it when Andy is home. So nice to have the extra company and Eli is so content with his Dad. Its the best of both worlds for all of us!

Saturday morning I made breakfast for us, and then headed out to my parents place to do some cooking with my mom. I decided I wanted to do some frozen meals before the baby comes so we at least have something in the freezer. My sister is doing something called Meal Train (I think!) for us, and its a program where you sign up to bring hot meals to people. Its an online tool, and you pick when you want to sign up for a hot meal, say what your bringing & what time, and then drop it off! This will be a huge help for us, and I am so thankful that she's willing to put it together. If you decide you'd like to help our in any way, please leave a comment, and Ill make sure she gets in contact with you. Some of you may already have had her contact you. So in between the hot meals during the week, I think its a good idea to have some frozen meals on hand. We got started around 11am, and finished around 2pm, and boy did we knock off a lot of food! We made 2 pizza's, 2 large lasagne's, 3 broccoli casseroles, 2 sweet n sour chicken, and then a container of cooked, cubed chicken for salad's or whatever else we might need. I think that should be more than sufficient. I feel like I am totally in a nesting stage, because the need to have everything organized and in its place is just crazy! Maybe because we're having a home birth I feel like everything has to be clean and tidy, so that if I go into labor I wont be stressed about the mess.

Saturday evening we went over to my mother in law's place to visit and have dinner. It was such a great evening, we went for a walk, had ice cream, played in the park, and visited! Eli loves his Nana, and always has so much fun when we spend time with her.

Come Sunday morning (Canada Day) we woke up to dark clouds in the sky. I made a nice breakfast again, this time with bacon, so neither of my boys were complaining, and we got ready to head off to the parade. This year I was excited to get Eli out because he's a bit bigger now and I think can do more of the stuff, like sit through a parade. Well by the time we needed to leave it was pouring buckets. We stayed in and watched a movie. I thought maybe once the rain stopped we could head out to take in some of the festivities, but the rain didn't really stop for a long enough time that it was safe to venture out without getting soaked. We ended up staying home all day. Andy and I organized our living room, and re arranged it. We set up the office area as Eli's playroom with all of his toys, and made the living room way more comfortable to sit and relax in. I officially love it. Ill post pictures soon of it.  My parents and sister came over in the evening and we had a BBQ ( would you believe the rain cleared up of course around dinner time and it was beautiful & warm out!!) and then finished the evening with a walk down to the lake by our house. Eli likes to pretend to go fishing in it.

Today we've spent getting ready for the week. Laundry, picking up a few groceries, tidying the house.... again, and nap time for me & Eli. I also love nap times on the weekend, because generally Andy won't nap, so when Eli wakes up and I continue sleeping its not the end of the world!

This week will also go by really fast, so its a short week for us, but because I do have a few appointments, midwifery, car check up, orthodontist, and on top of that Iam volunteering to turn the spray deck on by our place every afternoon when the weather is nice enough! So it'll be busy!

Ill keep you posted on what happens with my 38 week appointment tomorrow, as well as update some pictures. Just a matter of getting them off my phone! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!!

No comments: