Monday, July 30, 2012

41 weeks + 1 Day - Take two.

Today I am feeling sorry for myself. I think Im entitled to that, dont you??

Andy and I were talking about how if someone had told us we wouldn't have a baby yet and we're heading into the beginning of August, we wouldn't have believed them. If you had told me my due date was going to come and go by quite a few days, I wouldn't have believed you. Honestly, Im quite emotional over the fact, and am feeling somewhat anxious.

I went to see our midwife this morning, and the appointment went good. I felt good walking out of there, and somewhat encouraged. We didn't make an appointment for next week because she didn't think we'd need to. Apparently only 4% of women will actually go till 42 weeks pregnant. Thats not a huge number. She reassured me that the early ultrasounds are very accurate, and going with the 22nd as my due date is completely fine and very safe. My blood pressure was very good, and Im measuring about the same, however I did put on 2 more pounds. She smiled at that because most women will stay at their weight when they get to their end of their pregnancy, or will sometimes loose weight. So either baby or me is still growing. Im hoping its the baby.

And for the time being we continue to wait! Hopefully I wont have to call and make another pre natal appointment for Monday, really crossing my fingers!

Something else Im totally excited about... I have my next orthodontist appointment in 3 weeks, and I should be able to have them off within a month or so!! I cannot wait. I was hoping maybe I could get them off this week as we're patiently waiting for our baby, but my orthodontist is on holidays, so I suppose its another thing I get to wait for. Words cant even describe how excited I am!! Finally!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you Karla and wishing you all the best!!!
Larissa & Ivy