Saturday, July 21, 2012

Exhausted again

Today is another day where I feel completely exhausted. Apparently being almost 41 weeks pregnant, takes a lot out of you. This morning I made breakfast for us, as I do every morning. Fresh crepe's with nutella and fruit. Mmmm. This has become one of our favorites, and I will continue to do this every Saturday morning until the baby comes... which this Saturday could be the last, who knows!!

After cleaning up from breakfast, and getting dressed, we went outside where Andy cut the lawn, and I cleaned my car. Its something Ive been itching to do, and finally this morning I did it! Feels good to be done. Having a toddler who eats in the car, collects rocks from different parking lots, and has sand in his shoes makes for a dirty car. So now it is clean, and the baby carseat is also installed. Not that it really needs to be because we hopefully wont be bringing a baby home from the hospital.

Once I was done cleaning, I felt like I had been kicked in the butt, and needed a rest. I slept for about 45 minutes and then when Eli went down for his nap, I slept for probably another 2.5 hours, maybe more! Im sure Ill have issues sleeping tonight unfortunately! With the cooler weather I've been feeling very happy going to bed, I love it!!

My phone, and email has been keeping pretty busy. People asking how we're doing, how Im feeling, if we've had a baby yet. While I appreciate that people are excited for us, and want to be kept in the look it is also extremely exhausting to keep up to these texts and phone calls. Its one thing when its family calling to see how we're doing, but Im feeling anxious enough as it is about when this baby is going to arrive that the constant texts is sometimes hard for me to deal with. My midwife and I were talking about this at my last appointment actually. This week it has gotten more overwhelming though because my due date has actually come and gone. Im not asking people not to check in, or not get ahold of us, but please be patient (as we are trying to be as well) and we'll keep you posted. Ive started just to tell people that I will let them know when the baby arrives, and until then to keep checking my blog, since Im not in the facebook loop anymore! For those of you who have gotten ahold of us to find out the details, please dont take this the wrong way at all... thats not my intentions. Waiting for a baby while feeling like a whale, and being completely exhausted to hard, and it is really nothing personal!

Monday is my next midwifery appointment, and Im assuming we'll be discussing a few options to make sure baby is still happy and healthy, and that Im also doing well... and maybe some natural induction methods!

Again, Ill keep you posted. If Monday comes and goes and you dont hear from me, chances are we've had a baby! The least Ill do is try and upload a picture or two!! Enjoy the weekend!!

No comments: